Tuesday, February 9, 2010

In a Rush!

Quick Change of Schedule for this Week:
Tuesday (Today): Written Blog

I have a lot of errands that I have to run, and I have class in about 25 minutes- so I'll have to take out the Video Blog this week. But only for this week, then it'll go back to regular.

This past weekend we had the Special Olympics! It was a ton of fun and I really enjoyed being able to volunteer at this event. There were over 500 special Olympic athletes that attended this event, held in the Sports Complex. There was a series of basketball games played, as well as an awards ceremony. We had a number of football athletes, as well as other athletic teams volunteering at this event. We took pictures with the Special Olympic Participants and made many friends.


Athletes waiting for the games to begin.


The Stonehill Dance Team performing before the games began.

Stonehill Football Players watching the Tournament


Stonehill Cheerleaders encouraging a younger cheerleader!





Speaking of making friends! This was the coolest kid I've ever met. His name is Earl, and he ended up finding me on Facebook. He was an incredible athlete, and was very suave with the ladies.




Then there was this other athlete that was very energetic and enthusiastic. He ended up getting the entire Dance Team to come up and cheer for him when he got his Gold Pin Award. We have some cuties on that Dance Team too- Kid's got swag.




I watched the Superbowl- obviously. So many people told me that the Colts were going to win... and still I walked around with my Reggie Bush #25 Jersey. Did you know Drew Brees used to play for the Chargers? Yup! It was exciting watching that team throughout the season- and a nice finish to their Cinderella Story. WHO DAT?!

Anyways, I'm going to be late for my Business Law class. I'm getting a haircut after class today! My hair has gotten to ridiculous lengths... well to me at least. It makes a world of difference when I get it cut. Look how long it is!


So yea, next time you see me, I'll have most of that cut off haha. Ok, I gotta run to class now- peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment