Friday, February 5, 2010

Cleaned my Room!

So another week spent at the Hill.


Still haven't had any tests, which I'm excited about. But- I have 3 tests coming up next week, so I'll be pretty busy studying. I did however, have time to clean my room this week. Usually my roommate and I keep it clean. But we had a few people in our room over the weekend, and it had gotten pretty dirty.


So I decided I'd show you guys my room, and let you see what dorm life "can be" like at Stonehill. I say "can be" because everyone has their own setup. You kind of have to be creative... and I have a wonderful imagination! I only have pictures of my side of the room, I didn't ask my roommate Billy Cummings if I could put his up on the world wide web... So without further ado... I present to you... Boland 223.


This is my closet! Now, to be honest, it's kind of small. But then again- I came across the country and brought almost everything. I hate packing- I always over pack. Everything is a "necessity" to me haha. But you can make up for space by having plastic containers, such as the one I have on the bottom of the closet there.


And yes, having your own rolls of Charmin should be a necessity for every collegiate student.

This is my workspace. I primarily use my Macbook Pro, but as a Business Major they like you to have an HP- so I also have the school's HP computer that comes with all the programs you'll be using already installed. A printer is nice to have, but not necessary. The school allows you to print for free, but it's nice being able to stay in your room rather than go to the Library or Stanger Hall.


That Alarm Clock is a LIFE SAVER. As an athlete, I have to workout Monday, Wednesday & Friday @ 6:45AM to lift with the team. On Tuesday and Thursday I have to run with the team @ 8:00AM. So... without that clock I would be doing extra curricular activities for being tardy. My roommate hates it though... I'm not a morning person, so I have that clock at maximum volume. So he unfortunately gets to wake up as well.


Oh, and a fridge for food :)


My roommate and I decided to bunk our beds to give ourselves more space in the room. I have powder blue sheets and pillows. My friends give me a lot of... Well they like to give me a hard time haha. While it may not be the most masculine of colors, I'm a comfort guy. And sleeping in that bed is heaven. You kind of have to lay in it before commenting. Besides, I love the San Diego Chargers- and football fans know they wear their throwback powder blue jersey's. So there, I just found another excuse for the weird choice of color haha.

This is our couch! It's a futon couch, and it folds out into a bed. Haha, I've slept on that thing so many times... fun memories. And behind it, is the California State Flag. Obviously, I'm from San Diego... and I love California. Kind of hard not to when you spend the first 19 years of your life there. Another thing about that flag though, is that it acts as a screen when I'm in bed. It's nice when my roommate is up doing homework and I want to get to bed.


And finally, the TV. I'd recommend having one, because it's a nice way to socialize with friends in the room. Granted, you don't need to have a 42'' Plasma Samsung- but it's fun. I'll probably have friends over to watch the Superbowl this weekend. GO SAINTS! I also love Air Force 1 Shoes, it's the only shoe I wear. Blu Ray Player, XBOX 360, Modern Warfare 2, and Madden/NCAA Football... what more can you ask for?


So... that's my room! Hope you enjoyed the quick tour. I have to head off to Big Brother, so I gotta bounce. This is the cleanest it will ever look haha, which is why I took time to take those pictures. Because it'll probably get messy in a few days.


Have a Wonderful Weekend!


PS- still trying to work on getting that video footage of home. I think it may be a lost cause :( But I'm not giving up hope on it! I may just have to take more footage next time I'm home.

No comments:

Post a Comment